Sunday, July 5, 2009

Saturday is Breakfast Day

LURPAK's commercial is by far my favorite right now. I sometimes find myself mumbling its delightful little slogan to myself like a mantra, "Saturday is Breakfast day, Saturday is Breakfast Day, Saturdayisbreakfastday" Sometimes I wake up on a Saturday thinking, "Finally, it's Breakfast Day."



Lately I've come to realize that breakfast is my favorite meal. I think that's because of the unwavering dietary propaganda that: Breakfast Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day. To me, that extrapolates to breakfast being something I'm entitled to as a human being. In fact, I think it should be included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that Everyone is entitled to breakfast. And nothing pleases me more than a meal that is not only delicious, but also a fundamental right.

Also, when it comes to breakfast, anything goes. Leftover pizza? Sure. Cake? As long as it's leftovers. A massive platter of greasy mushrooms, deep fried toast, scrambled eggs, beans and bacon? That's only to be expected of you. Granola with yogurt and orange juice? You crazy health nut you. It is the easiest meal to put out of your food-related guilty conscience, because you had to eat it. It's breakfast, damn it, and I deserve breakfast!

The more I think about it, the more brilliant it seems to use breakfast to advertise butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment